|No.||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax|
Price per person sharing:
This trip take you from Dar es Salaam to Selous Game reserve. A 5 – 6 hours’ drive in to the wild bush, along with the mysterious waters of the mighty Rufiji River. The park is bushy with lots of small lakes and some open areas. After 3 days, you move onwards, over the Uluguru Mountains to the farming town called Morogoro and then onwards to Mikumi National Park. The trip will easily take you 8 hours, and is very interesting and full of traditional Tanzanian life to look at while driving. Mikumi – also known as “little Serengeti” is a park with lots of animals, well developed roads and the open flood plains give you a great view of the animals.
- Starting point and starting time – Anywhere you wish to be picked up in Dar, 7 am
- Is it every day possible – yes, (except closed for the rainy season, April through May)
- Is it private – yes
- How long is it – six days
- How hard is it – medium (as the roads are a bit rough)
- Suitable for all ages – yes, children will love it as they can move around inside the car, they get to stand up in the seats, or you assist them to sit on the roof while the car is standing still and you can just enjoy the closeness to the animals
- Guided or not – Guided, English – other languages upon request for an extra fee
- What should the clients bring – Money, passport, sunglasses, sunscreen, soft bag with the needed clothes for the duration of your safari
- What to wear – socks and shoes, as you will have lunch in the bush, and there might be a few safari ants which can bite if you are not wearing. Also, please mind the strong sun, especially the months from November to March, and it may be rough on your shoulders you may dress accordingly. From May to September it may be a bit chilly in the evenings and early mornings.
- Mode of transport – 4x4 car with hatch in the roof ideal for the game viewing
- What is drop-off point – Where you stay in Dar es Salaam or airstrip in Mikumi
- Two full days’ safari in Selous Game reserve
- Two half and one full day safari in Mikumi – Udzungwa optional
- Park fees and concession fees
- Boat safari and walking safari
- Drinking water in the car during the game drive
- English speaking driver/guide
- Medical evacuation insurance
- Meals from lunch the first day including breakfast the last day
- Expenses of personal nature, laundry, telephone calls etc.
- International airfares and Visa entry to Tanzania and travel insurance